Director: Mrs. Cynthia Ciraldo
Before/After Care Parent Packet~ Coming Soon
The purpose of St. Joseph's Before and After School Program is to provide a safe, happy, and healthy environment for our school age children.
Each day the following will be provided:
- A drink and snack - These will be kept simple, however, we will endeavor to keep them as nutritious as possible.
- A time will be set aside for quiet/homework time. Reading books, activity books, coloring books, and story time will be some of the things other than homework that can be done during this time.
- Games will be organized for the children to participate in such as kickball, basketball, board games, cards, etc.
$4.00 per day, per child
7:00- 8:00 a.m.
$9.00 per day, per child
3:15 - 6:00 p.m.
* Make checks payable to: St. Joseph School
The St. Joseph Before/After School Program takes place in the school cafeteria. Fees are to be paid to the director by Friday of each week. Please put money or checks in an envelope marked "Before and Aftercare".
The only door that you will use to drop off or pick up your child/children will be the cafeteria door off of Falls Avenue. All other doors will be locked. There will be no care on snow days or regularly scheduled holidays.
Our program ends at 6:00 PM. We ask that every effort be made to pick up your child no later than 6:00 PM. A late fee will be charged, so please have someone on your emergency pick up list come and get your child if you are unable to pick him/her up by then. Please remember, at least one employee must stay until all children have been picked up.
- Outside play will be a regular part of our program, weather permitting. The children may bring play clothes and change, if desired. It is suggested that they have tennis shoes at all times, as we will often play games outside.
- Your child must be signed out daily by the person picking him/her up. If we are outside when you come to pick up, you must still go inside to the cafeteria to sign you child out. Please comply, as this is for your child's safety.
- The supervisors will handle all minor cuts and bruises. In serious injury, parents and, if necessary, E.M.S. will be called.
- Parents will be notified ASAP if a child shows signs of a fever, diarrhea, vomiting, or any communicable disease. If the parents can not be reached, the assigned emergency person will be contacted if it is felt the child should not remain in Aftercare.
- We expect that a child will cooperate with the staff and the other children in our program. We expect all children to respect the other children and the adult supervision. We expect that the children will treat our program's property and the belongings of the other children as they would their own. "Time out" away from the group will be used after a warning has been given for any inappropriate behavior. The parents will be notified if inappropriate behavior becomes a problem with any child.
- All forms must be completed and returned to the director immediately. Please note if you have more than one child, the only form that must be completed for each child is the registration form. Only one pick-up form and one attendance form is necessary per family unless the information will be different for each child. If any information should change during the year, please see the director to make the necessary changes.