Contact Eric Eiermann at (330) 928-2173 with Questions!
Italy Wide & Switzerland for 13 Days June 25- July 7
Sorrento • Capri • Amalfi Coast • Pompeii • Rome • Assisi • Tuscany • Florence • Venice • Milan • Lake Como • Switzerland
$4,699.00 for 13 Days
Airfare from anywhere in the U.S.
- Daily Mass at local churches
- 4 or 5-star hotels
- Transportation on a luxury bus
- All breakfast and dinners. Wine included with all dinners
- All tips to driver, hotel and tour guide are covered in the price.
- Guided Tours and Tour Fees are covered. The tour guides are very caring, licensed, and well educated. Many of the guides have their Ph.D.'s
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase and 1 carry-on per person)
Trip Does Not Include
- Trip Insurance. Work directly with Travel Guard to protect your investment and insure your money. There are different packages to choose from depending on what your travel needs are. Use the above link or the link right below the picture of the Pope on our home page to visit their site.
* List above are the hotels that Proximo commonly uses for Pilgrimages. They try not to move hotels while staying in one city.
Day 1: Departure from the USA fly to Naples or to Rome.
Day 2: Check-in downtown Sorrento after visiting the amazing Amalfi Coast. Dinner at the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 3: The Island of Capri is the greatest place for many people. Optional: visit the extraordinary, beautiful Blue Grotto with its limestone bottom. Tour the island, shopping, and swimming. Dinner around the hotel area at 6:45 pm. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 4: Check-out Sorrento. Visit the incredible city of Pompeii on your way to Rome. In the afternoon, we will be visiting St. Mary Major, the main Basilica dedicated to Mary in Rome. We will see the remains of Jesus' manger, the tomb of Bernini, the remains of St. Matthew the Evangelist, the tomb of St. Jerome, and the oldest icon in the world of the Virgin Mary painted by St. Luke: the famous Salus Populi Romani. We may immerse ourselves in the local culture by attending an Italian mass at St. Mary Major as well. Casual dress. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 5: Start around 9:00 am. Visit the Colosseum, the symbol of the city of Rome; a great building that has been standing since 80 A.D. Then visit St. John Lateran, the first Basilica ever to be built in the Roman Empire. In the afternoon, go to the breathtaking Catacombs where 500,000 people were buried. After the Catacombs, our private bus will take us to dinner and free time around the area of the hotel. Overnight in Rome.
Day 6: Start the day around 9:30 am, by visiting the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, the Pope's Private chapel. Tour of St. Peter's in the Vatican, the largest Basilica in the world. Long pants, capris, or skirts below the knee, shoulders covered. Time to rest before dinner in the area of the hotel. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 7: We will have an early start as our private bus leaves around 7:00 am to the Vatican to experience the 10:00 am Audience with the Pope. We will see the Pope very closely; sometimes we even shake his hand. There will be time for lunch in the area of the Vatican before we visit the Spanish Steps. This is the place where the Romans hung out. From there we will walk to Trevi Fountain, and have time for shopping. Followed by a walk to the Pantheon, the oldest functional building in the world, and then to the great artistic place of Piazza Navona around 4:30 pm. Dinner at Piazza Navona. Red and white wine included. Casual Dress throughout the day. Overnight in Rome.
Day 8: En route to Florence stop in Assisi. See the tombs of St. Francis and St. Clare; enjoy a peaceful walk on the streets of Assisi. Dinner in Tuscany. Overnight in Florence.
Day 9: Tour of Florence in the region of Tuscany. Tour of the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, the Uffizzi, open-air Market, Duomo (Cathedral), the Baptistery, Michelangelo's masterpiece, the David. Visit Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel (where the Medici family was buried), and Basilica della Santa Croce (where Michelangelo and 15 other glorious Italian artists and thinkers were buried). Have a delicious dinner in Florence. Red and white wine included. Casual dress throughout the day. Overnight in Florence.
Day 10: Visit Venice, an amazing city built on water. Visit St. Mark's Basilica and plaza. Gondola ride is optional. Casual dress throughout the day. Long pants if you intend to visit St. Mark's Basilica. Dinner and overnight in Venice.
Day 11: Drive to Milan. Visit the Duomo and enjoy a free afternoon to see the sights in Milan before continuing on to Como. Dinner and overnight in Como.
Day 12: Visit Switzerland and the capital of the Italian section: Lugano. Spend the morning and most of the afternoon in Switzerland and then off to the beautiful Lake Como. Go on a boat ride and see the different towns surrounding Como. Closing dinner at the hotel. Red and white wine included. Casual dress throughout the day. Overnight in Lake Como.
Day 13: Private bus to Airport and departure from Italy back to the USA.
Please Note: We do our best to ensure that all sites listed in this itinerary will be seen. However, due to scheduling conflicts, or other circumstances beyond our control, sites may be visited on a different day than listed. If this happens it will also necessitate a change in the restaurant for dinner. However, we will never sacrifice the quality of the meal, all restaurants will meet Proximo Travel's very high standards. Since we have several different trip configurations touring at the same time, it is likely that groups on different tours will be combined when their itineraries overlap in certain areas.
Steps For Registration
- Call us (855) 842-8001 or register online with a credit card and pay your $500 deposit per person to save your spot. The $500 deposit is part of the total price of the trip
- A $1,000 Airfare Deposit (AD) per person is due one month from the registration. The AD is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check)
- The balance is due 4 months before the trip departure date. The balance is paid ONLY in the form of Check (personal, money order, or bank check).
- Mail all checks and correspondence to:
PO Box 561
Auburn, MA 01501
- NOTE: If you sign up for a trip within 4 months of the departure date, you pay the deposit of $500 with a credit card and the balance is required to be overnighted in the form of a personal check, money order or bank check.