St. Joseph Parish School is very excited to launch our new Tuition Raffle as a part of our 95th Anniversary. The prize for winning the Tuition Raffle is a tuition credit of $4,158 (the parishioner rate for one student to attend St. Joseph Parish School during the 2019-2020 school year). Only one winner will be selected. Proceeds of this Raffle will benefit St. Joseph Parish School.
Please note: While payment can be sent via mail, the exchange of the raffle ticket must be completed in-person (by an adult at least 18 years or older) by picking up at the School Office.
The winner will be announced on Saturday, March 9th at the Blue & Gold Gala in the Parish School Gymnasium at 1909 Third St. Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221. The winning ticket holder does not need to be present at the drawing to win.
Please help us in reaching our goal of selling 200 tickets!
Q: Can only St. Joseph Parish School families buy tickets?
A: The raffle is open to anyone 18 or older who would like to purchase a ticket, regardless of if they have any affiliation with St. Joseph Parish School or St. Joseph Parish. Even friends and family who live out of town or out of state can buy tickets. But remember there is a max of 200 tickets, so buy them early!
Q: What are the odds of winning?
A: A max of 200 tickets will be sold, so the odds will be 1:200 if all tickets sell.
Q: How can I purchase tickets?
- At the School Office during normal business hours.
- Tickets will be sold in Nolan Hall after all Sunday Masses.
- An order form will be sent home with the students or can be requested by contacting the office. Fill out the order form and send it in with payment to the school office. Raffle stubs will be returned in Thursday student/parent Communication Folder.
No tickets can be sent via mail.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: When sending in payment, please make check payable to St. Joseph Parish School.
Q: How will the Raffle benefit St. Joseph Parish School?
A: The money will be used for tuition financial aid or other educational needs of the students.
Q: Can my raffle ticket be mailed to me?
A: Unfortunately, due to raffle permit regulations, raffle tickets and/or Stubbs can’t be mailed due to postal regulations. They require an in-person pick-up. If you do have a relative that lives outside of the area, we recommend she/he send payment via mail and then have someone in the local area pick up the ticket stub on their behalf.
Q: I have additional questions. Who can I reach out to?
Please contact the Parish School Office at (330) 928-2151.
Terms and Conditions
- A raffle ticket may be purchased for $100.00 at the School.
- The prize is a tuition credit of $4,158 (the parishioner tuition rate for one student to attend St. Joseph Parish School during the 2019-2020 school year)
- Only one winner will be selected.
- St. Joseph Parish School reserves the right to change tuition raffle to a 50/50 raffle in the event St. Joseph Parish School does not sell 200 raffle tickets by Friday, March 8, 2019. In the event of a 50/50 raffle, the winning amount will be applied to a students tuition and will follow the same rules as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
- The raffle prize must be applied to a family’s tuition obligation at St. Joseph Parish School for a student’s tuition for the 2019-20 school year.
- In the event that the winning ticket holder has already completed payment of their tuition obligation for the 2019-20 school year, the winning ticket holder may apply the previous payment to charges for St. Joseph Parish School activities and fees and receive a refund of the balance that had been paid toward tuition, or may request a full refund of the previously made payment.
- The winning ticket holder may opt to transfer the prize to another family that has a student enrolled at St. Joseph Parish School for the 2019-20 school year.
- If the winning ticket holder does not have a student eligible to be enrolled at St. Joseph Parish School for the 2019-20 school year, then the winning ticket holder may either (1) transfer the prize to another eligible family that will have a student enrolled at St. Joseph Parish School for the 2019-20 school year; or (2) transfer the value of the prize to St. Joseph Parish School to be used for financial aid or other educational needs.
- No refund or compensation will be provided if the winning ticket holder does not enroll a student at St. Joseph Parish School for the 2019-20 school year or if a student completes only part of the 2019-20 school year.
- Any tax obligations related to the prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- The raffle prize is limited to parishioner rate tuition for a student enrolled with St. Joseph Parish School for the 2019-20 school year, which is $4,158. Any other school fees are the responsibility of the family.
- In the event that the winning ticket holder is eligible for financial assistance for the 2019- 20 school year from St. Joseph Parish School or the Diocese of Cleveland, the value of the prize shall be equal to the amount to be paid by the winning ticket holder after reduction to reflect the financial aid package.
- In the event that the winning ticket holder receives financial assistance from St. Joseph Parish School or the Diocese of Cleveland toward tuition for the 2019-20 school year, the awarding of the prize shall not impact the winner’s eligibility for financial aid for any subsequent year at St. Joseph Parish School.
- Raffle ticket purchases are available only to those persons 18 years or older.
- Each ticket shall represent an equal opportunity to win the raffle.
- The winning ticket will be selected on Saturday, March 9, 2019, at the Blue & Gold Gala in St. Joseph Parish School Gymnasium in Jones Hall. Participants who purchased a raffle ticket and want to view the drawing must purchase tickets to attend the Gala. However, the winning ticket holder does not need to be present at the drawing to win.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email by Monday, March 11, 2019.
- All proceeds of the raffle are for the benefit of St. Joseph Parish School, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization registered with the Secretary of the State of Ohio.