Masses in Church
- Saturday (Sunday Vigil): 5pm
- Sunday: 8am, 10am, 12pm (noon)
- Holy Day Vigil: 6pm
- Feast Day: 7am, 10:30am, 6pm
Masses in Rectory Chapel
- Monday- Friday: 7am
August 18, 2019
Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Parish School of Religion
Saint Joseph Parish School of Religion (PSR) helps to form children and adolescents from kindergarten to 8th grade. Classes begin Wednesday, September 11, 2019, from 6:15-7:45 PM. Classes are held in Jones Hall in St. Joseph Parish School Building at 1909 3rd Street, Cuyahoga Falls. Tuition is $50.00 for the first child and $45.00 for any additional children.
PSR is looking for a Kindergarten/1st Grade Catechist! If you are interested, please contact Jessica Plaspohl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
Interested in becoming Catholic? Have you been a Catholic all your life, but never celebrated all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist)? If any of these above questions apply to you, or if you know of anyone who could answer YES, we would love to help on this journey!
WHAT: RCIA Inquiry Nights
TIME: 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
DATE: Mondays, August 12, 19, 26
PLACE: Nolan Hall (Lower level of the Church)
First Reconciliation Preparation
The First Reconciliation Preparation Parent & Student meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 4 from 6:15-7:45 pm in St. James Theater. All parents are expected to attend with their child.
Questions about the program should be directed to Mrs. Plaspohl at email@example.com or by calling the Rectory 330-928-2173.
If you are a Catholic who previously received the Sacrament of Baptism and First Holy Communion but missed Confirmation as a teenager, consider joining us in preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation! Confirmation is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation, along with Baptism & Eucharist.
Sessions will be held from 6:30-8 PM on August 28, September 18, October 30, & November 13
Those that participate will receive the Sacrament along with our youth who are preparing. Bishop Gries will come to St. Joseph to celebrate on November 24, 2019, at 4 PM
Contact Jessica Plaspohl by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (330) 928-2173 if any of the Faith Formation Ministries interest you!
Fall Fun Run
With School recessed and a few Parish Organizations taking a break for the summer, it is a suitable time to complete some needed renovations including:
- Sealing & striping church parking lot ($7,300)
- Continued repair/refurbishing of our Church’s stained glass windows in 2019 ($900)
- Repair & refurbish of stain glass windows in the choir loft ($26,000)
- removal of carpeting and refurbish of marble in Church sanctuary ($41,000)
- New carpeting to replace the 25-year-old carpet in the rectory ($10,852)
- Sealing & striping school parking lot ($9,900)
- Sealing & waterproofing the “tunnel” hall that runs between Jones & Lillis Hall ($8,728)
- New flooring for three classrooms @ $800 each ($2,400)
- Relocating school’s flagpole from the corner of Lilis Hall to Mary’s Shrine ($1,800)
Please prayerfully consider supporting one or more of these projects.
For more information about the projects and how you can help, visit www.saintjoe.org/summer or click here to donate!
Shop with Scrip
In addition to Gift cards being sold after 5:00 pm Mass on Saturday and 9:00 am-Noon on Sunday in Nolan Hall, they can now be purchased in the Rectory Offices Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-3: 30 pm. For more information, contact the office at (330) 928-2173.
Interested in Joining Saint Joseph Parish?
You can register online or
We Look Forward to Meeting You!
THE BEST CATHOLIC CONTENT. ALL IN ONE PLACE.
Entertaining movies, enlightening programs, inspiring talks, and a great selection of popular ebooks—all just a click away! Get inFORMED with great content from virtually any device . . . anytime, anywhere. It’s easy to get started:
- Fr. Jared Orndorff, Pastor
- Fr. David McCarthy, Retired in Residence
- Kent Davis, Deacon
- Lori Heath, Church Secretary & Bulletin Editor
- Sarah Solarz, Bookkeeper
- Jessica Plaspohl, Parish Catechetical Leader
- Lorraine Wenmoth, Music & Worship Director
- Melissa Messina-Rodgers, Business Manager
- Eric Eiermann, Advancement Coordinator
- Carrie DePasquale, Principal
Phone: (330) 928-2173
Fax: (330) 928-3082