Home & School
The St. Joseph Home and School Association is a service organization made up of dedicated parents who offer their time and talent in the service of the staff and students of St. Joseph School. It meets monthly. The organization conducts fund raising and sponsors activities for the children throughout the year; however, the Home and School Association does not discuss or influence school policies, curriculum, rules, teacher or staff issues, etc. The Home and School Association is made up of typically one-or-two-people committees, who handle the different aspects of the association. Below is a description of each committee:
Ways and Means — Directs the fund raising opportunities of Home and School.
Volunteer coordinator — Coordinates the volunteers necessary for various school activities and functions.
Children's Activities — Coordinates activities for the school children during the year.
Sunshine — Sends greeting cards to faculty and staff when appropriate.
Hospitality — Provides or serves refreshments for various school functions throughout the year.
Uniform Exchange — Collects, sorts and folds uniforms and sets up exchange periodically throughout the year
Home and School participates and/or sponsors many activities that benefit the school and church.
Here are some of them:
- Calendar Sales Fundraiser: Each fall the Home and School Association runs a lottery calendar sale. The profits from the calendar sale help buy resources for the classrooms and pay for other Home and School sponsored events.
- Box Tops for Education
- The Home and School Association sponsors a Santa Shop each holiday as a service to the children at St. Joseph’s School. This is a holiday shop where students can purchase Christmas presents.
- We organize a Spring Social for middle school. This is a “get together” for the 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
- We serve refreshments during several school and parish events.
- We provide a First Penance treat for second graders as well as First Communion gifts and breakfast.
- We provide flowers for graduation, First Communion and Confirmation.
Contact: Shelly Zackasee, president @ firstname.lastname@example.org