CYO SPIRIT WEAR - Sale Ends December 2
St. Joseph Parish CYO is offering an online spirit wear sale fundraiser for the holidays, and most of the items are gym and seasonal/Mass uniform approved! Sale ends December 2, and it is open to anyone - so feel free to share with your friends and family! Items can be shipped to your home for a $10 flat fee or picked up at Custom Apparel on Brittain Rd for no cost. Shop here: http://www.stjoespiritwear.myshopify.com/ Questions? Email [email protected]
What to expect:
- 2020 SPORT GUIDELINES: Click here to read general health and safety guidelines for all CYO sports.
- REGISTRATION: To register your child(ren) visit: https://reg.sportspilot.com/106429. Registration information and deadlines for each season will be emailed and posted in parish and school communications.
- MANDATORY CYO PRE-PARTICIPATION FORM: All 5 pages of the CYO Pre-Participation Form need to be completed, signed by a physician and witness, and submitted to your coach prior to the first practice. This form has been updated since last season. Click here to access the form . Form collection will be strongly enforced by CYO, so please make sure your child has had a physical within the last 13 months.
- TIME COMMITMENT: Most sports practice 2 times a week for 1 to 2 hours and competitions are usually on the weekends. Tackle football is an exception and typically practices 4 days a week.
- COACHES: All coaches are CYO certified. Email us at [email protected] to find out how you can become CYO certified.
- FUNDRAISING: The Athletic Association raises money to support various student-athlete, equipment and program needs by hosting a spirit wear sale (fall/winter), the Blue & Gold Classic (end of December) and A Night at The Races (April).
INFORMATION ABOUT CYO COACHING Every CYO coach is required to attend a CYO Coaches Development Program and Virtus program before they begin coaching children in the Diocese of Cleveland CYO.
- The Virtus program is part of the Diocese of Cleveland’s commitment to Protecting God’s Children. You may check with St. Joseph’s rectory or register at www.virtus.org to learn about dates, times and locations.
- Coaches Development Programs are scheduled throughout the year through the CYO Athletic Office. Go to the Cleveland CYO Athletic website https://www.ccdocle.org/service-areas/cyo-athletics/coaches/coaches-development-program and click the red “Register Now” button under Registration. Log into Sports Pilot (using your parent login (not the student athlete log in). Browse the dates and locations for the 2020-2021 Coaches Development Program (CDP). NOTE: Due to COVID most CDP courses will be completed by zoom meetings.
- Once you have completed Virtus and CDP, you will then register as a head or assistant coach through your sports pilot parent login once the athletic association opens up registrations. We are here to help if you have any questions. Please contact [email protected] .
Frank Schulda, Athletic Director
Alicia Gaffney, Communications Director
John Mack, Equipment Manager
Vacant, Fundraising Chair
The Athletic Association is always looking for volunteers for vacant board positions, fundraising activities and coaching. If you are interested in getting involved, please email us at [email protected].
COVID-19 INFORMATION: We understand parents are weighing the risk of sport participation against the health and well-being benefits of the sport for their child(ren). CYO is reviewing guidelines from OHSAA, NFHS and other sources to prepare best practices by sport and we will share these as soon as they are available. Please know St. Joseph Athletic Association will be proactive in keeping our student-athletes and coaches safe; however, it is impossible to guarantee 100% safety.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARENTS & COACHES
Lindsay's Law Senate Bill 252 is named for national heart health advocate and former Miss Ohio Lindsay Davis, who suffers from a heart condition and has since dedicated her career to raising awareness of this potentially fatal condition. Lindsay’s Law, Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58 and 3707.59 went into effect in 2017. All parents of any student-athlete are required to view a 'parent video' and electronically sign/acknowledge the required signature form. Please view this video and the informational handout. Then please sign & return the parent & athlete signature form. When complete, your student-athlete will be free to participate in athletics. If not completed, your student will be suspended from activity until completed.