Before and After Care Programs
Before Care Program
Begins Thursday, August 22
Cost: $5 per day per child
After Care Program
Begins Wednesday, August 21
Cost: $10 per day per child
Email: [email protected]
The purpose of St. Joseph's Before and After School Program is to provide a safe, happy, and healthy environment for our school age children.
Each day the following will be provided:
- A drink and snack - These will be kept simple, however, we will endeavor to keep them as nutritious as possible.
- A time will be set aside for quiet/homework time. Reading books, activity books, coloring books, and story time will be some of the things other than homework that can be done during this time.
- From time to time, games will be organized for the children to participate in such as kickball, basketball, board games, cards, etc.
- The Before Care Program begins at 7:00a.m. and ends at 8:00a.m. (At that time, the children are dismissed to their classrooms). The After Care Program begins at 3:15p.m. and ends at 6:00p.m. (At that time all children must be picked up by a parent or someone on your emergency pick-up list).
- St. Joseph Parish School After Care Programs Form must be completed and returned to the school immediately. If any information should change during the year, please contact the school to make the necessary changes.
- The Before/Aftercare Program will be available on Monday through Friday throughout the school year. There will be no care provided on snow days or regularly scheduled holidays.
- We ask that every effort be made to pick your child up no later than 6pm. A late fee of $10 will be charged if you or someone on your emergency pick-up list has not arrived to pick your child up by 6pm.
- Your child must be signed out daily by the person picking him/her up. If we are outside when you arrive for pick-up, you must still go inside the cafeteria to sign your child out. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with this. Our main concern is the safety of your children.
- Outside play will be a regular part of our program, weather permitting.
- Quiet/Homework Time will be provided daily. If your student completes their homework prior to the end of Quiet Time; they are asked to continue with another quiet activity until the end of the period. Your student is encouraged to bring a book, pray, write in a journal, etc. Understand if your child says they have no homework, they will be allowed to do another activity. Please note: After Care supervisors cannot be held responsible for ensuring your student completes their homework.
- The supervisors will handle all minor cuts and bruises. In case of serious injury, parents and if necessary, E.M.S. will be called.
- Parents will be notified ASAP if a child shows signs of fever, diarrhea or vomiting, or any communicable disease. If we feel the child should not remain in aftercare and the parents cannot be contacted, the assigned emergency person will be notified.
- We expect that all children will cooperate with the staff and the other children in our program. Respect must be shown to other children as well as the adult supervisors. We expect that the children will treat our program’s property and the belongings of other children as they would their own. “Time Out” away from the group will be used after a warning has been given for any inappropriate behavior. Parents will be notified if inappropriate behavior becomes a problem with any child.